Welcome to Pudsey Lowtown Primary School
On behalf of the children, staff and governors, I would like to welcome you to Pudsey Lowtown Primary School.
Lowtown is a friendly and welcoming one-form entry primary school in Pudsey.
We were judged as ‘good’ in our most recent OfSTED inspection in 2017;
You and the governing body’s vision that pupils will leave school having developed the values of respect, empathy, responsibility, honesty, resilience and tolerance threads through
all that you do as a school.
Older pupils spoken to commented on how school enables them to take responsibility both inside and outside the classroom
Our school have maintained high academic standards and we have achieved results above Leeds and National averages in all Key Stages over the past 3 years.
As well as academic rigour, we offer a broad and balanced curriculum that equips children for later life. We believe in developing our children to be good citizens once they leave our school and we encourage a ‘growth mindset’ approach and resilience to be able to deal with challenges.
As a school we offer;
- Dedicated and passionate staff who are highly trained to be able to deliver quality first teaching
- Strong and dedicated leadership team who are committed to taking the school forward
- A safe, positive and stimulating learning environment which allows children to develop their skills and knowledge whilst being excited about learning and feeling secure in their surroundings
- Excellent academic outcomes where children achieve their potential
- A broad and balanced curriculum and a variety of experiences including space camp in Yr4 and residential trips in Yr5 and Yr6
- Motivated and happy pupils who are supported to thrive
- Strong moral values that are at the core of everything we do
- Excellent PE provision and sporting opportunities
- Superb music provision including a school choir and the opportunity to learn to play an instrument
- Outstanding grounds including a large school field, adventure playground, kitchen garden and woodland area and pond within the school grounds
- Excellent before and after school provision (Owltown Club) run by school staff, providing a variety of activities in a positive nurturing environment
- Effective home school partnership with our families
- Strong Governing Body who support the school
- Amazing Parent Teacher Friends Association (PTFA) who run profit and non-profit events at the school
- Strong links with the local community and high schools
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children and we expect our staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are very proud of all that Lowtown School offers our pupils and families and we hope that this website gives you some sense of what we offer; if you would like to see for yourself, please get in touch.
Clare Armitage | Headteacher